(Experience this Audio Meditation Now)
Of all the techniques developed and taught by Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui, perhaps none prompts as many glowing testimonials of personal healings and positive life transformations as Meditation on Twin Hearts. This meditation is truly special. It works on the physical, mental, and spiritual levels to open the heart chakra (the physical heart) and the crown chakra (the spiritual heart), thereby enabling you to draw down a great amount of high-quality divine energy into the crown. The prana that this meditation produces greatly promotes physical and mental health, as well as inner illumination.
An energetically dirty aura, one that is clogged with unreconciled negative emotions, anxieties, anger, and fears, appears as a shimmering white cloud filled with dark-colored smudges and small vortexes. These smudges and vortexes are energetic disturbances that form functional boundaries in your energy body. They block the smooth, plentiful flow of prana and lead to physical ailments.
When someone who can see auras observes a person practicing Meditation on Twin Hearts, he sees a great downpouring of brilliant white light rushing into the crown and spreading throughout the entire energy body. This divine prana purges the energy body of contamination, which is how Meditation on Twin Hearts produces physical healing.
This opening of the crown and the increased flow of divine energy also makes possible inner illumination. After blessing the earth with the spiritual energy, you meditate on OM and the gap or the stillness between the OMs for about 10 minutes. You then let go and extend that period of stillness. Meditating on the gap between the OMs and during the extended period of stillness enables you to make contact with your higher self or soul. Repeated, prolonged stillness and contact with your soul produces that state of inner illumination.
Here are just a few stories of people who have experienced a positive impact in their lives from practicing Meditation on Twin Hearts:
As a school administrator, I mediate stressful and negative situations among students, parents, and co-workers. By practicing Meditation on Twin Hearts, I am able to resolve conflicts and respond in a more calm and compassionate manner. I utilize positive thoughts and emotions to find solutions in a constructive way. - Sandra Washington Los Angeles
Meditation on Twin Hearts has made a profound impact in my life in the last two years since I started regular meditation. It has increased my healing ability, and changed the way I view life and my purpose in life. . . . Meditation on Twin Hearts is my daily opportunity to become a true channel of needed blessings to all people. . . . - Mark Wieczorek Rego Park, NY
I have been using Meditation on Twin Hearts since 1996. [As a result, I have had] less stress, a more centered and compassionate outlook, and better overall health. I am a substance abuse counselor and have been able to utilize this meditation in my work. [I have noted] significant positive effects in [my clients’] progress. Only a brief period of time listening to the guided meditation leaves one feeling centered, energized, and serene. - Moses McCluskey Los Angeles
Before performing Meditation on Twin Hearts
Since you’re working with prana of greater quantity and higher quality in Meditation on Twin Hearts, you need to be aware of certain aspects of the meditation, as well as several contraindications for doing it:
- People with high blood pressure, heart ailments, and glaucoma should not perform Meditation on Twin Hearts. This meditation generates tremendous energy, and it may aggravate those conditions.
- People under the age of 18 should not practice the illumination technique (the second part of the meditation) because their bodies are not fully mature and able to tolerate the energy this meditation produces.
- Before you do this meditation, pay close attention to the energetic cleanliness of your meditation environment. A dirty room may cancel out the effect of the meditation, or even contaminate you as you meditate. Refer to the tips for cleaning your environment in chapter 10.
- Make sure you do a full five minutes of physical exercises, before and after meditating, to avoid energetic congestion. We recommend that both routines include at least one set of cleansing physical exercises, since it was specifically designed to open the body’s energetic channels and spread around the energy.
- Perform the blessings with real feeling, not mechanically. Feel and concentrate on the feelings of love you conjure up as you bless the earth. Add visualization, if you wish. See a golden-pinkish light emitting from your hands and bathing the earth. See people’s faces smiling with peace, love, and joy. See nations that are in conflict laying down their weapons. See people living together in harmony and actually performing good deeds for one another.
Exercise: Meditation on Twin Hearts
You can either follow the steps presented below for this meditation, or use the Meditation on Twin Hearts CD prepared by Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui. See the Resources section. Begin with steps one through four from the mindfulness meditation, but leave out the body relaxation sequence. Proceed.
1. Invoke. Close your eyes, bow your head and raise your hands a few inches off your lap. Turn your palms upward. If you haven’t been using an invocation, here is one that you can use:
To the Divine Father and Mother, I humbly ask for your divine blessing, guidance, protection, help, and illumination. With thanks and in full faith.
2. Perform several cycles of pranic breathing.
3. Activate your heart chakra. Press your heart chakra with one finger for a moment or two, then place your hands back on your lap. Conjure up feelings of love and sweetness. Really feel the feelings of love and compassion welling up inside of you. This is easily done by simply recalling a few happy events in your life, or imagining the face of someone you love very dearly in front of you and re-experience the loving feelings you have towards them. Smile inwardly at your heart chakra. This takes about two minutes.
4. Activate your crown chakra. Tap your crown chakra with a finger, then place your hand back on your lap. Imagine another scene where you feel the feelings of love and sweetness. Really feel the feelings of love and compassion welling up inside of you. Smile inwardly at your crown chakra. This takes about two minutes.
5. Bless the earth with loving-kindness through your heart chakra. Stay aware of those feelings of love and sweetness and raise your hands to chest level with your palms palms facing outward. Imagine the earth in front of you about the size of a small ball. Be aware of your heart and your hand chakras as you bless the earth. (NOTE: You can bless the earth with a prayer or language of your own choosing, however, we include a sample here.) Recite the first stanza of the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi:
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, . . .
Feel the divine peace within your heart flow to your hands and outward to the earth. Bless the earth for a minute or so. See the beautiful pink light of blessings flow from your heart to your hand to the earth. Where there is hatred, let me sow love, . . . Feel divine love well up within your heart and flow to your hands and outward to the earth. Bless the earth for a minute or so.
Where there is injury, pardon, . . .
Bless the earth with divine forgiveness. Bless areas of the earth where there is conflict. See the conflicts resolved.
Where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope, . . .
Bless the earth with hope and faith. Bless people who are having a difficult time.
Where there is darkness, light; where there is sadness, joy. . . .
Bless the earth with light and joy. Bless areas and countries where there is strife.
6. Now bless the earth with loving-kindness through your crown chakra. Be aware of your crown chakra as you continue to bless the earth. See the beautiful golden light of blessings flow from your crown to your hand and through your hands to the earth.
Let the entire earth, let every person and every being be blessed with loving-kindness, . . . . with sweetness, . . . with joy and with happiness, . . .
Continue blessing the earth for a minute. See every person filled with love and joy.
7. Now bless the earth with loving-kindness through both your heart and your crown chakra simultaneously. Be aware of both your heart and your crown chakra as you continue to bless the earth. See the beautiful golden light of blessings flow from your crown and your heart to your hands and through your hands to the earth .
From the Heart of God, let every person, every sentient being be blessed with loving-kindness, . . .
Continue blessing the earth and seeing every person filled with love, joy and peace.
Let every person, every being be blessed with great joy, happiness and divine inner peace, . . .
See people with their hearts filled with joy, faith and hope. See the expression on their faces.
Let every person, every being be blessed with understanding, with harmony, with good will and with the will to do good. . . .
See people actually doing good for other people.
Put your hands back into your lap, palms up. Visualize a brilliant point of dazzling golden light just above your crown. See it clearly as if it were a focused point of sunlight reflecting off newly fallen snow. After you have locked in the image, begin silently chanting to yourself the mantra OM. Pronounce it silently to yourself slowly and purposefully:
“OOOMMMM . . . “
Breathe deeply and slowly as you chant. Gently put your awareness on the point of light above your head, the OM and the gap between the OMs for five to ten minutes. Then, stop the mantra, stop visualizing the point of light and simply let go for a few minutes. Let your mind go blank and extend the sense of inner peace and stillness. Do this for about five minutes, though as you progress, you can stretch this out for as long as you like. If thoughts or external noises intrude, note them without reacting and bring your attention back to the stillness.
Release the excess energy
The surplus of energy this meditation generates must be dispersed in order to avoid congestion. You could project the energy outward but why not use it for additional positive effect? Thus, bless the earth again. Raise your hands to the blessing position and simply bless the earth with light and love. You may wish to visualize the beams of golden-pink light leaving your hand and caressing the earth in front of you. You may also bless your family, loved ones, friends, home, job, and any other personal project you’re working on. Do this for about 30 seconds. Then return your hands to your lap.
Use the same grounding routine that you used in the mindfulness meditation.
End the meditation by giving thanks.
A variation of the invocation is one way to do this. Simply raise your hands to the same invocation posture and say:
To the Divine Father and Mother, I humbly give you thanks for your divine blessing, guidance, protection, help and illumination. With thanks and in full faith.
Repeat physical exercises.
A few final notes on meditation
Your outlook during meditation should be positive and expectant but neutral. Don’t focus on or expect results. For example, in Meditation on Twin Hearts, illumination rarely comes during a first session, though you begin accruing the benefits of greater energy and health immediately. Approach it as a climber approaches a mountain: he’s aware of the peak and expects to get there, yet he doesn’t focus on it. He looks only to the next handhold or foothold.
- Some people experience shaking or strong emotions welling up within them. As indicated earlier, meditation is an indirect clearing technique, and trembling or sudden feelings are evidence of energetic blockages being cleared out and the emotions associated with those blockages being released. If you encounter any discomfort during meditation, respond according to your personal threshold. Some people breathe more deeply and continue with the meditation. If you wish, however, you can stop the session and sweep and clean the area where you feel discomfort. You can meditate later.
- In Meditation on Twin Hearts, that includes about 10 minutes for blessing the earth and 10 minutes for illumination. As you gain experience, you may spend more time on the illumination portion.
- When you are able to hold simultaneous awareness on the point of light and the gap in Meditation on Twin Hearts, you may experience an inner explosion of light. This is normal, though it can be startling at first. Again, respond according to your own personal comfort threshold. If you can, simply breathe deeply and feel the feeling of the experience. However, if you need to, stop meditating and close with giving thanks, then perform grounding.